GenYES Ohio Facilitators gain access to the GenYES Ohio Community, a community of practice for educators who facilitate the GenYES Ohio program in their schools. Within this group, members can collect, collaborate, share lesson plans, and engage in conversations to support GenYES Ohio programs in their school districts.
About GenYES Ohio
Creating opportunities for student leadership with technology
GenYES Ohio is a powerful program through which students become Student Technology Leaders (STLs) at their school. In GenYES Ohio, STLs:
- Learn about technology through projects created to support their school’s technology integration goals
- Gain communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and leadership skills that will help them perform their roles effectively
- Support teachers and peers by providing mentoring, technology support, and practical leadership to support learning
The GenYES Ohio program is designed to support school technology integration goals while building the next generation of technology leaders. The program offers students an introduction to computer science, coding, and STEM careers, as well as careers in teaching and education. Students learn through action while supporting others and completing projects that demonstrate their learning.
GenYES Ohio is flexible enough to implement it as a regular class or extracurricular club. Each school has a GenYES Ohio Facilitator who receives support for technology integration and access to the GenYES Ohio Community. This gives the facilitator additional access to professional learning opportunities with experienced GenYES Ohio facilitators who can help them integrate GenYES Ohio in their classrooms and schools.
Want to learn more about bringing GenYES to your school? Follow the link to fill out an INFOhio Support ticket to request more information, or to get started with GenYES Ohio. We look forward to connecting with you!
GenYES Ohio Outcomes
Students get a hands-on intro to critical tech skills and learn how to mentor, collaborate, and work with others. GenYES Ohio is an opportunity for every student to be a leader.
GenYES Ohio infuses meaningful student involvement in K-12 schools to support positive school cultures focused on community first.
Teachers love GenYES Ohio because it is flexible and adaptive. Plus, Student Tech Leaders provide on-the-spot tech troubleshooting and support that’s accessible, and fun to work with.
Students get a hands-on intro to critical tech skills and learn how to mentor, collaborate, and work with others. GenYES is an opportunity for every student to be a leader.
GenYES infuses meaningful student involvement in K-12 schools to support positive school cultures focused on community first.
Teachers love GenYES because it is flexible and adaptive. Plus, Student Tech Leaders provide on-the-spot tech troubleshooting and support that’s accessible, and fun to work with.
Included in GenYES Ohio
18 units of tech-infused leadership curriculum consisting of more than 100 hours of classtime
The curriculum includes everything students need to thrive in the 21st century as learners and leaders. It’s hosted on a custom portal designed for every GenYES Ohio school. Program contents include:
- Technology 101 – code, build websites, digital art, video production, animation, storyboarding, modeling, makerspace projects
- Mentoring Skills – how to work with partner-teachers, be an independent learner, build teams, lead projects, troubleshoot, and adapt to challenges
- IT Support – how to fix computers, install updates, perform hardware maintenance, log tasks, do diagnostics, deploy and inventory 1:1 devices
- Digital Citizenship – information and media literacy, research skills, internet safety, “netiquette”, social media, online responsibility
- Facilitation Skills – Students learn engaging presentation facilitation, graphic design fundamentals, information clarity, and effective public speaking
A certificate that proves GenYES Ohio Student Tech Leaders are experienced learners and leaders with an aptitude for technology
GenYES Ohio Certification is available for Student Technology Leaders. Students are scored on the variety of technologies they’ve used, their problem solving and critical thinking skills, and support provided to teachers and peers at their school. To become certified, students must have exemplary leadership and demonstrate significant learning in the GenYES Ohio program.
Student Technology Leaders use their GenYES Ohio Certification on resumes, college applications, and social media.
The GenYES Ohio Community is a community of Ohio educators who use the GenYES Ohio program.